The Center for Creative Justice [CCJ] is a community-based, non-profit agency that has provided adult probation services in Story County since 1974.
Supervision is completed on all levels of crime. Our clients are your neighbors, employees, co-workers, friends, and possibly members of your family. CCJ helps them get their life back on track through rehabilitation, which reduces crime in our community, decreases victimization, and lessens the burden on our law enforcement, jails, and courts.
Without the services provided by CCJ, offenders would simply receive a fine and/or a jail sentence with little or no rehabilitative effort and absolutely no supervision.
Clients are held accountable and must strictly adhere to the rules and conditions of their probation. Programming completed during supervision may include:
- Substance Abuse Evaluation and Treatment
- Mental Health Evaluation and Treatment
- Anger Management
- Batterer’s Education
- Restitution Planning and Payment
- Community Service Completion
- We believe all people are capable of change
- We support clients in their efforts to change
- We treat all people with dignity and respect
- We believe clients must accept responsibility for their choices and be held accountable for their actions
- We acknowledge and support victims
- We will work together in community partnerships to increase our clients’ success
“Our mission is to rehabilitate offenders, reduce victimization, increase public safety, and contribute to improving our communities.”